About BEEM – From Data to Action
At BEEM, we’re on a mission to democratize the access and use of data for any organization, regardless of their size.
To do so, BEEM relies on passion and innovation to propose modern SaaS data solutions. We believe that it should be a simple process to use and monetize all accessible data. We empower our clients with intuitive software platforms like the BEEM data platform and fleet by BEEM app, built to remove the complexity of using, transforming and automating data-driven actions, at scale. Everything we do is aimed at creating a delightful and personalized experience, from our onboarding to our solution and support.
Within our team, we pride ourselves in making sure every member is growing personally and professionally. We believe in a good company that respects people's individual skills and expertise, provide a creative and flexible work environment, and, if need be, Wine and Scotch on Thursday pm!
We are looking for a Senior full stack Developer to join our team. As a member of the development team, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth implementation of every component of the system. As a team player, you are willing to provide help to everyone and as part of a growing and efficient team, you will have a major impact on our culture, products and methodologies.
The ideal candidate will take an active role in contributing to our long-term technical roadmap. You have a proven track record of building SaaS applications, you’ve been there, done that and are eager to share and apply your experience to our challenges.
The team will need you to…
- Develop web application using the Django framework
- Work closely with architecture, development and data teams to establish feature specifications
- Design and write unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Build high quality, reusable components
- Monitor and respond to incidents
You’ll bring to the team…
- Senior experience with Front-End and Back-End web application development
- Intermediate to senior experience with Python. Experience withDjango andMySQL is a must
- Solid knowledge of software development best practices
- Experience configuring JS build tools (Webpack, Babel, ESLint)
- Comfortable working with RESTful web services
- Understanding of relational table design, performance and management
- Ability to use standard (linux | unix | osx) command line tools. A well rounded understading of Bash scripting is a plus
- Perfect understanding of version control using Git
- Abilities to script and automate tasks using standard system tools. (sed/awk/grep/curl/iconv are some good examples)
- Understanding of asynchronous programming in whichever language. Big plus if it's Celery/AIO/Twisted or friends
- Abilities in profiling and analysing code runtime performance
- Any experience working with CI/CD pipelines, such as AWS CodePipeline or GitLab CI
- Experience in working in a fast paced and quickly evolving StartUp environment
- Interest in data analytics and AI
- Passionate about data and new technologies
- Tell us about your passion projects & hobbies
You’ll benefit from…
- At BEEM, we’re one team and we treat each other like family; we believe in equity and the workplace should be as enjoyable as much as home ;-)
- Competitive salary and vacations policy
- One additional week of vacations as our office is closed between Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- Access to 10 unpaid additional day-off
- Flexible working hours to start the day and working from home policy
- Referral employee program
- Thursday’s 4 à 6
- Full stack of pastries during the Friday morning team meeting
- Unlimited snacks, fruits, coffee and beverages
- A MacBook Pro is our standard, but let us know if something else makes you more productive
- Monthly team and social activities
- Located conveniently in the Old-Montreal, few feet away from a metro station and surrounded by great lifestyle amenities
- Access to an inside bicycle parking
- Bixi subscription
Note: Proof of eligibility to work in Canada is required.